Cost of IVF treatment in Delhi
Along with many benefits of getting treated for infertility in Delhi, cost is another prime driving factor for the IVF treatment in the city. The cost of IVF treatment in Delhi compared to other Indian cities is less. Though all the clinics quote differently for various elements in their fee structure but the average cost comes to approximately same for all the IVF and fertility clinics and centers. Overseas patients seeking treatment in the city have to pay about 30-40% more than their Indian counterparts for the treatment. This again excludes the cost of travel, visa, accommodation, etc.
There are gamut of factors that determine the cost of IVF treatment. To simplify costing, we have divided the treatment cost into two components – primary and secondary.
Primary components of IVF treatment cost:
- Initial consultation
- Diagnosis (FSH, LH, E2, TSH, Prolactin tests for Ovarian functions); HSG and Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy etc., for uterine cavity check etc., on need and at extra cost
- IVF procedure (ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, sperm washing, egg fertilization, embryo transfer)
- Cost of disposables
- Hormonal injections and other drugs
- Add-on high precision procedures (ICSI, Blastocyst culture, SET etc.)
Secondary components of IVF cost (if required)
- Using donor egg, sperm, or embryo
- Freezing (cryopreservation) of egg, sperm, or embryo
- Thawing of frozen egg, sperm and/or embryo
- Surrogacy costs, if required
- Out-of-procedure components
- Travel and stay for patient and attendant
- Regular gynecologist and pregnancy costs after conceiving the baby
The approximate expenses of all the above mentioned components come to a total of about US$2,300 (approx. INR1.5 lakh). Below is the cost breakup (all figures are approximate) of a typical fertility clinic in Delhi:
- Diagnosis: INR 10,000 (very approximate costing, depends on complexity involved)
- Procedure cost: INR 80,000
- Cost of medicines: INR 50,000
- Miscellaneous: INR 10,000
International patients in Delhi
Delhi witnesses many international patients for fertility treatments, cost being the important factor apart from good doctors and quality treatment.
For international patients, the average cost would be around US$5,000, which is about 40% more than the domestic patients. Hospitals cite various reasons for higher cost for international patients, like high individualized attention required in case of international patients vis-à-vis, the domestic patients; some may also provide visa guidance, airport pick and drop, help in finding guest houses, planning local sightseeing and so on. Thus, the extra cost for the services. Still the total cost comes far less than what international patients may be paying in their own country for the same quality treatment, especially patients in developed countries like U.S. and Australia.
IVFGurus, an initiative by STG Lifecare Ltd. would help you in taking an informed decision. If finance is a constraint for you, do not hesitate to discuss with us, and we would help you out in a best possible way.