If a couple is unable to conceive after one year of regular unprotected sex, infertility can be suspected. Female infertility is defined as when a women is unable to conceive a child even after having regular unprotected sex for a year with her partner.
Female infertility can be of two types:
In Primary Infertility, the women have not conceive the child ever before even after one year of unprotected sex with her partner.
In Secondary Infertility, the women had a child before but now unable to conceive a child after regular unprotected sex with her partner.
- Female ovaries are not producing Eggs
- Eggs are unable to move from ovaries to the uterus.
- Egg are fertilized but doesn’t attach to the uterine lining
- Fertilized egg attached to the uterine lining but Embryo doesn’t survive in to the uterus.
Female Infertility can be caused due to one or more of problems associated with the female reproductive system.
Signs and Symptoms of Female Infertility
There may be no obvious signs or symptoms of what is causing the female infertility; however, the following are good reasons to visit your doctor as soon as possible:
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Absent or Irregular periods
- Any pelvic infection
- History of any STD (sexually transmitted disease)
- History of using an IUD for birth control
- History of two or more miscarriages
- Problem with Endocrine Sterilisation reversal
- Severe pelvic pain
- Any breast discharge
- Excessive facial hair growth or acne.